When you open a LinkedIn account, LinkedIn gives you a URL. It looks like that: http://www.linkedin.com/in/123456789. Since it is really hard to remember a string of numbers, it is better if you get your own unique URL. Additionally, it is better for branding you and your business. On top of that, it just looks better in your signature blog when the URL is branded. LinkedIn makes it easy to get a vanity URL. You do not have to have a certain number of connections – you can do it right away.
1) Sign into your LinkedIn account.
2) Go to your profile by clicking on the profile tap on top of the screen.
3) Click on “edit profile.”
4) Scroll down to “Public Profile” directly on top of your summary (the last item in the blue box)
5) Click on “edit” directly next to the URL displayed in Public Profile
6) On top, you see “your Public Profile URL.” Click on “edit” on the right side in that box
7) Now you can type in your unique URL in the white box.
8) According to LinkedIn, your custom URL must contain 5 – 30 alphanumeric characters. You can’t use spaces, symbols or special characters. Remember you want to brand yourself. It should be meaningful and short. Mine is http://www.linkedin.com/in/eassistantww.
9) Save changes at the bottom of the screen.
You know have a unique URL for your LinkedIn account. Congratulations!