LinkedIn has added the “sections” feature to the LinkedIn profile for even more customization. Your LinkedIn profile is your resume on the web and an important part in you online identity. With the section feature, you can personalize your profile even more. For example, an author can showcase his/her publications, a Virtual Assistant can showcase his/her certifications and skills, you can showcase the different languages you are speaking and your patents. Here is a list of sections you can add to your profile:
But not enough, you can add different applications as well. You can add everything from a Word document to events to your portfolio. Here is a list of possible applications:
– Blog Link
– Box.net Files (PPT, Word documents, Excel Spreadsheets)
– Creative Portfolio Display
– FT Press Delivers
– Google Presentations
– Huddle Workspaces
– Lawyer Ratings
– Legal Updates
– My Travel
– Projects and Teamspaces
– Real Estate Pro
– SAP Community Bio
– SlideShare Presentation
– Company Buzz
– Reading List by Amazon.com
This means that you can absolutely customize your LinkedIn Profile to your needs.
It is very easily done as well.
- Click on your Profile tab
- Click on “+ add sections” directly underneath you blue profile box (in front of your summary)
- Click on the section or application you want to add
- Click the blue “Add to Profile” button and fill it out.
Make your LinkedIn Profile personal and uniquely you. Stand out from the crowd. Be successful.